Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Winter Storm Marcus


Bob, the owner of the Inn at Weston gave me a ride to the trailhead Monday morning. We were worried that the road wouldn't be plowed. Thankfully, as we pulled onto the access road, a plow was exiting. Even though their restaurant is closed for the winter, Linda made me a nice dinner. She also prepared the best breakfast I've had on the CT.

Skiing through the storm was fun, although I have to admit it was the coldest I've been yet - must have been the wind in my face.

See the picture giving warning about the steep descent  into Healdville. Well, no caution was required for me. I was sinking in 16" and pushing down the hill.

For my pickup, Ann Marie from the Echo Lake Inn arranged for me to call from a construction company in Healdville. The receptionist was stunned to see me covered in snow & ice. People came out of their offices to witness the creature 😃.

Chris, who gave me a ride to the Inn, is from South Africa but once lived less than a mile from me in Groton MA.

At dinner the hostess announced that I was skiing the CT, giving me a chance to field questions from the dining room and make some acquaintances. One couple at dinner was from a neighboring town and has a cousin who lives on my street. Small world.

Skiing Tuesday was great. I expected a long day from the deep snow and was prepared. Ann Marie gave me a ride to the trailhead and based on her local knowledge I was able to ski back to the front door of the Inn - I love doing that'

No comments:

Post a Comment