Saturday, February 28, 2015

Elmore Store

I made really good time on the 9.5 miles to Elmore Store. Since I had arranged for a pickup at a fixed hour, I had the opportunity for a leisurely lunch in a warm friendly environment at the store.

Kathy Miller, 5th generation owner of the store, set me up and brought me a chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven - delicious.

Kathy, representing the Vermont and National Grocers Associations has testified before Congress and the Federal Reserve (Ben Bernanke) regarding credit card fees to small businesses. So cool.

In this historic year of catamount thru skiers, Kathy had also met Sam, who finished a few weeks ago - she had a picture of him at the Canadian border. I promised to send along a picture of me at the border as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment