Thursday, February 26, 2015

Edson Hill to Ryder Farm

On arrival at Edson Hill I discovered there was no dinner service on Wednesdays. However, it turned out well. Carl, who runs the Inn was going out to dinner and offered me a ride to Piecasso's which was on his way. So, I got my "heart stopper" pizza after all 😀. Unfortunately they had floated the Lawson's keg the night before.

Edson Hill has done some major remodeling, it's a really nice place to stay and has great views. Knowing what I was doing, Carl fixed me the king of breakfasts - no problem with fuel today.

The skiing was pretty easy today except for a few meadow crossings where I had to fight through some drifts.

I got a ride from Ryder Farm to my hotel from Mike Stafford, the section 24 trail chief. Amy Kelsey, Catamount Trail Association, had put me in touch with him. His timing was perfect, as I ski'd in to the parking lot, he was arriving. Mike gave me a heads up on what I'm likely to face tomorrow. Thanks for the ride Mike!


No comments:

Post a Comment