Friday, March 6, 2015

We did it!

I say "we" because while I did the skiing, a lot of people helped make my adventure successful.

Thanks to Amy Kelsey and the Catamount Trail Association, the Trail Chiefs, and all of the volunteers who set up and maintain the trails. You made my journey possible.

To all the innkeepers and others who provided rides to/from the trail: you enabled me to ski the entire trail inn to inn.

Finally, thanks to my family for allowing me to indulge myself. Without your enthusiastic support, I wouldn't have taken up this adventure. 

I'm so glad I decided to take this trip. The challenge, the wilderness skiing, seeing winter wildlife/tracks, traveling inn to inn, meeting so many interesting people, overcoming some adversity, and not knowing what trail conditions I would face on a given day (the need for contingency planning) all added to the enjoyment of the trip.


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Bob! And, you're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob - it was a real pleasure and privilege having you stay with us at West Hill House B&B near the end of your epic adventure on the Catamount. Congratulations from innkeepers Peter & Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! You'll have the memories for the rest of your life! Embrace adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob, What an Awesome Accomplishment. I started reading the blog a little late, but once i started, i could stop, with anticipation waiting to read the next entry and see the pictures. Thanks for allowing us to live vicariously through your great effort.

    ReplyDelete