Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Hazen's Notch

Despite breaking trail for 2 miles of meadows and logging roads, it was another pretty easy day of skiing. 

I was going to call for a pickup at Hazen's notch, but there was no cell service. The backup plan was for me to go to Hazen's Notch XC Center. Looking at my map it looked like I could ski there on a snowmobile trail, but there was no connection. I ended up skiing into Montgomery and walking to my B&B - another 5 miles of ski/walk. Fortunately, it was all downhill so not too taxing.

I saw more Moose Tracks between Mine Road and Hwy 58, and not long after another grouse.

I stayed at the Rendesvous B&B in Lowell last night. There aren't any restaurants nearby, so Rod gave me a lift to the village store to get something for dinner. Rod and Donna have owned the B&B since 2006, it's a restored 1890's farm house. Rod's had some great life experiences, been in the service, worked for GTE, raced cars professionally, and worked as an auto mechanic. He's currently restoring a triumph - a type of car he used to race. Lots of fun talking to both of them. I also made friends with their dog Lollipop, a collie.

No comments:

Post a Comment