Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Mount Mansfield from Craftsbury

Had a relatively easy ski into Lowell from Craftsbury. I really enjoyed the section from Bailey Hazen Road into Lowell - nice views and in the wilderness. I saw more moose tracks just after leaving Bailey Hazen Rd. I also saw a white jack rabbit jumping away from me - my earlier identification of the tracks was correct.

At Craftsbury it's community dining. I had dinner and a nice conversation with Suzanne and Luly from New Haven and Michael and Joan from Putney. Luly was a Fulbright Scholar and researches Medieval literature. Michael said Putney was one of the original XC ski centers in the USA where Olympians would train. Everyone had heard of the wonderful Putney General Store  - I'll have to check it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment